He said, Send Me

The Savior has come in creation, and in splendor, and now in humanness.  A gift like no other.


The labor pains began and the wee baby arrived.  A gift of humanness.  This special baby grew up with 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/504332858271847619/
sisters and brothers.  He lived life.  Then, he walked among people and taught lessons about life.  He taught humility, unconditional love and forgiveness, acceptance without judgment or shame.  He spoke of the Kingdom of God as a place of longing and the possibility of a place inside each of us.

The Kingdom of God?  The heavenly place where Love resides.  Have you ever pondered what it cost the Son of God to leave the Kingdom, to leave the splendor and majesty of heaven and come into this world as a baby?  And, how was it possible to squeeze such glory into a human form?  And, what kind of Love empties themselves of such inexplicable power, glory, and majesty to save just one lost sheep, to find one lost coin, one lost son or daughter?  

Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one. Wouldn’t you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it? Luke 15:4-7

His gift of humanness is much more than His earthly life. In my simple thinking, this gift of humanness was the initial sacrifice He made for us.  I wonder if He said to His Father, “I’ll go; Send me.  I’ll go tell them, I’ll go teach them, I’ll go tell them about your love.”

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:8

The Godly humanness of the Savior is our daily joy and our hope.  And the humanness of the Savior is also majestic, and unexplainable.  Imagine: Send me to love them, send me to save, send me to their world so they will see, send me for the one, the many, all.  Send me, even for one.

As the labor pains of life come and keep coming so has, He.  He came to find me, and you, and the one lost sheep.  Keep looking for this Savior, this baby, this King for He is among us.


Popular Posts