Arriving in you


The Savior can be seen in creation, and in splendor, and in humanness.  
And today, the Savior can be seen in each of us.

Christmas day has always been greatly anticipated by children of all ages.  

The anticipation plays out through the cooking that begins days before the celebration, and through Dads who make late night runs for batteries, or put together Barbie houses, through children having a hard time getting to sleep, and through other children waking up WAY to early!  And parents wondering, did we purchase the right gifts, who did we forget, or how will we pay all the bills.  
Then when the day arrives and all is over, we’re left with empty boxes, tissue paper and ribbons and over-stuffed bellies.  Christmas has come and gone.  We’ll hear kids arguing, see some disappointed faces and some will be glad that ‘life will now get back to normal’.  It’s over.

Whether we realize it or not, I believe we anticipate the Savior in the same way.  We prepare, we look forward to the arrival, and wonder if we’ve done all we could, and wonder why we didn’t do more or at least try to do more.  We may wonder why we tried to get full on things that will never fill us up.

But the Joy of Christmas is that He did come into our world.  He came in creation and splendor and humanness and now lives in those who trust in Him.  And by some remarkable, unfathomable way, He keeps on coming.  Instead of impatiently waiting, we can now realize and experience a Christmas morning every day.  For yes, He came one day in Bethlehem but for us, He keeps on coming.  He keeps on seeking us out.

Instead of our long lists of gifts buying – He’s gives us new gifts every day.
Instead of getting lost in our cooking chores – He feeds us every day and the food tastes better than we could ever imagine.
Instead of wondering if we bought the right gift for those we love – He gifts in ways that complete us.
Instead of worrying about what tomorrow may bring, the clean up ahead, or the bills unpaid – He reminds us that He’s gone ahead, making a way.
Instead of Christmas ending – He shows us that Christmas day, His birth, is only the beginning.

Walk with me, He says.  Talk to me.  Tell me what you long to understand.  Let me share myself, and my love with you.  Let me fill you today.  Let me hold your hand and let me tell you what you mean to me.  Let me tell you of my great love for you.  I showed you in my creation, I showed you in my splendor, and I’ve showed you in my humanness.  Now let me show you in you.  For you are my heart’s desire. 
I’ve arrived for you.

“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.  I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.John 17:25-26

 

Popular Posts