Being Finished

The new year dawns but not before we finish 2021.  As with any year of life, the past year offered each of us joy, sadness, worry, laughter, tears, and life itself.  We can all point to days or dates that were life changing, life giving, life taking, life challenging.  I wonder what I learned from 2021?  What have you learned in the last 12 months?

I learned and continue to be reminded that:

In my greatest days, God walked with me.

In my days of laughter, God laughed with me.

In my days of great heartbreak, God was beside me holding me.

In my continuous darkness, I heard Him whisper my name.

In the joy of health, He provided the healing.

There was never a time this past year that God was not hemming me in.  And being hemmed-in is a slow, precise process.  Hemming requires a delicate touch. Hemming requires hands that are gentle.

He is the one constant of love and acceptance for me in 2021.  I learned that it is only in Him that I can fully trust and let go.  I'm eager to let go today.  I am eager to soar into 2022.

Take time to reflect on where God met you, held you, and watched over you in this year.  You are hemmed in.  He is on all sides of you and me...protecting, guarding, holding, covering, before, behind and within.

You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me. Psalm 139:5


Popular Posts