VOICE

Do you recognize the voice?

This year, this month, this week, this day may have led us into difficult desert places.  Places where we find ourselves hungry for people, for food, for water, for answers, for hope, for a way to peace of mind.  We read in Matthew that Jesus was on such a journey.  He was hungry and when presented with false words of hope somehow resisted the insatiable need he felt.

His words were, 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'Matthew 4:4

Oh, that I could be this strong. Oh, that I could lean on a love so strong and fulfilling. Instead, I listen to words of the world. I listen to the words of influencers, be they family, friend or foe. These voices speak loudly in my daily life and continue in my brain while I sleep.  Oh, let me live not on bread, or success, or the popularity of this world BUT on the Words and Voice that come from God. Those words that He speaks over me and you...

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Is. 41:10

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me John 10:27

Jesus said, As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Remain in my love John 15:9


Popular Posts