LIVE


This week is about life after death.  It's about new life after the desert.  It's about the joy and celebration of new life given and offered.  And many celebrate and rejoice in the miracle in the unfathomable...Life after death.

But after Sunday, how does one live?  The world after the desert, after the new life of Easter Sunday, feels much like the world before the desert.  The life after that Sunday long ago still held problems, pitfalls, pain and distress and persecution.  How did they live?  How does one truly live?

A foreign friend asked me several years ago, is the Easter Bunny the same as Jesus?  From her U.S. experience the two seemed similar.  She thought faith was a hop-along, candy-eating event.  For me to truly live, I need much more than the bunny can offer.  

What about you?  What do you need to truly live?  In all of life, is Jesus enough?  Or do we still seek? Are we searching for more?  Are we searching for more candy, more success, more of more...does our search ever end?  Is this Savior enough?  Could it be that true life and true living are actually available when we realize the one truth: HE IS ENOUGH?

To truly live, I need a knight in shining amour.  I need a Savior.  To truly live, I need a Savior who has walked in my shoes and seen the joys, the celebrations as well as the hurt and the pain.  To truly live, I need to trust a Savior to save me...from the world but mostly from myself.  To truly live, I need trust in a Savior's faithfulness and love.  To truly live, I need to believe He is who He says He is...the "I AM", the one who loves, the one who does not condemn.

To live

To be alive

To be carried on a cross

To be welcomed

To hunger

To thirst

To trust

To believe

To follow

One

King

Alive


Popular Posts