The Foretelling


The foretelling of Christmas has officially begun.  If you have doubt look at some headlines from around the world.
Signs Christmas is coming  Glasgow, Scotland News, Evening Times
1. The Coca-Cola advert comes on TV: It was a Coke ad which first put Santa in a red and white outfit.
2. Coffee shops start using Christmas cups: We wonder where they keep them the rest of the year?
3. You can't find a birthday card anywhere: Tough for December babies.
4. Workers spend less time working and more time on online gift sites: Watch out, the boss is behind you!
5. Christmas songs are everywhere!
6. Brussel sprouts appear in the shops: Try them shredded and stir-fried with chilli and garlic - delicious!
7. Eating chocolate for breakfast becomes normal: As any good doctor will tell you, calories don't count at Christmas.
8. Schmaltzy TV ads fill every break: I wasn't crying, I had something in my eye.
9. Adults turn into big kids at the first sight of snow: And end up skiting on their bahookies.
10. Office secretaries collect deposits for the Christmas bash: And we all start counting our pennies
And according to Google with over 1,080,000,000 hits:
  1. Christmas Is Coming - Las Vegas Guardian Express
    1 day ago - Breaking News, Information, Opinion, Entertainment and Health News... In this way, they assure attendees that Christmas is coming in a truly 
    Christmas is coming - news - marlborough-express | Stuff.co.nz2 days ago - Christmas is creeping closer and will be heralded with day-long festivities in Blenheim next Saturday. 
    Christmas is coming for the high street | Holly Baxter | Comment is ...5 days ago - Christmas is coming for the high street ... Our editors' picks for the day's top news and commentary delivered to your inbox each morning. 
    Christmas is coming to St. Albert Centre | Local News | St. Albert ...3 days ago - Chestnuts are slowly roasting around town, vast quantities of eggnog are being brewed in local homes and St. Albert Centre is preparing to ... 
    Christmas is coming: The festive house display so dazzling that ...5 hours ago - 'Christmas is coming: The festive house display so dazzling that 1000 people turn up to see them switched on' on Yahoo News UK.

    Of course, the Bible has told us this news for many, many years.  The Book of Isaiah was written between 740-680 B.C. and includes these words from Isaiah 7:14.
  1. "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."
    So perhaps because we're slow learners, God repeated similar words to the maiden Mary who was to become the mother of Christmas, i.e. Jesus.
    "You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
    “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”" Luke 1:31-34

    Hold that thought and segue with me a moment .....I love a party in my home.  I love to plan, prepare, and anticipate those who will come.  I love the weeks leading up to the party and encouraging people to attend, adding people to my list.  I guess it's a little bit like Santa, "making a list and checking it twice"! For I want the party to be for everyone...I want to love well.  I love the feeling of surprise when a guest arrives that I did not think would attend!  I love the hugging, laughing and picture taking.   The foretelling of the party is what makes people want to come.  Our guests do not ask me, well how do I know you're really having a party?  I mean, how do I absolutely know you are real?  They don't ask me, why did you invite me?  There are no questions or doubt about the sincerity in the invitation.  

    Interesting though that Christmas has become just that.....questioning if it's REAL.  Living as if it's all about Santa, gift-giving, food and family gatherings.

    I noticed that when the angel came and spoke to Mary and gave her this literally, unbelievable news she only had one question.  Which in my language, would be "seriously, you know I'm a virgin, right?"  There was NO question about a son, the SON of the MOST HIGH.  There was no question about the LORD GOD giving him a throne to reign for ever and ever.

    The foretelling is now up to me and you.  Yes, Christmas is coming!!  Has come! And will come again!!  Who can we invite to this grand celebration?  You've been FORETOLD - let's starting sending out invitations!!




Popular Posts