Trees Walking Around

In a stadium of football fans, the number equals 100,000.  On the university campus the number equals 30,000.  In the mall last week during sale day, the number equaled 10,000.  On the highway yesterday the number equaled 1000.  In my world today, how many do I see?  How many am I called to see?

There was a man and he was blind.  Friends of his physically brought him before the great Healer and begged for the Healer to touch him.  They had absolute faith.  The healer then took the blind man by the hand and led him to a private area.  Just the two of them now remained.  The Healer actually then spit on the man's eyes and put His hands on him.  "Do you see anything?"  The man looked up and said, "I see people; they look like trees walking around."  Once again, the healer put His hands on the man's eyes.  Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.
Mark 8:22-26

My sight is good, in that I'm not blind.  However, I think I see people as trees sometimes.  I know they are there, I recognize their shape, I see their colors and differences.  But yet, I see them so often I just simply walk by without REALLY looking and seeing.  But Jesus came to my rescue. Once He touched me with His life and hands on my eyes....I can see, I do see, I want to see and I want to see clearly.

Is my calling to the 100,000? No.  Is my calling to the 30,000? No.  Is my calling to 10,000? No.  Is my calling to 1000? No.  Today in my house, in my neighborhood...I'm called to 1.  One person I know is hurting.  One person who lives down the street.  Those 1's need friends to bring them before the Healer with absolute faith.

How can I be His hands of touch today?  How can you?

Popular Posts