Wrap Wrap Wrap

Oh, the hustle and bustle. I thought I was past this time of life. I know the real meaning of Christmas! But yet, it’s December 22 and I can’t see the forest for the trees…

Mom, are you sure we have enough lights up? Let’s go buy some more decorations. Wrap, wrap, wrap. Oh dear, I’ve got to start cooking! What’s on the menu for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Will we have a brunch or early breakfast? Did I pick up the office gifts? Call UPS and track that package! Wrap, wrap, wrap. What are the ingredients for Eggnog? We need to mail those Christmas cards! I’m off for one more trip to the grocery store. What if they don’t like their gifts? Do you remember where you hid those gifts? Oh my gosh, I’ve got to vacuum pine needles and dust before company comes. Do we have any festive Christmas music? I think I might rearrange the den today. Why don’t these lights work! Wrap, wrap, wrap.

Exhausting, isn’t it? I feel like the family in the movie, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. Everything around me is bigger than me and it’s difficult to find my bearings. I am surrounded by Christmas. The to-do list of Christmas has overwhelmed me and in the midst of all that the Christ child waits for me.

“Oh, Kathy, Kathy you’re worried about so many things but only one is important. I am that One. Sit down, listen to me, rest at my feet. Just sit and let my Presence overwhelm you. Be still and know that I am God. I’ve arrived in your world yet you keep spinning around…preparing. I Am. I’m Here. I’m born”.

These are the words of my soul as I read the verses from Luke 10:38-42.

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Oh, Lord I pray to sit at your feet everyday until the Celebration Day. So today, I sit and acknowledge it is You this Christmas.

Popular Posts