Daddy

April 18th was my daddy’s birthday. He turned 90; however, he celebrated in heaven. He moved there on June 27, 2008.

I think of him often. I remember his laugh, his white hair (that used to be black!), how soft his hands were, how he laughed and teased. I miss his phone calls and talk of his tomato plants. I miss hearing him call me “baby”. I miss him and I remember…

I carry my daddy’s outward image, his dark hair and his brown eyes. I feel a bond to him as we shared outward characteristics. Those simple traits always made me feel special to my daddy. I felt he would look at me and see himself sometimes.

I wonder if my heavenly Father looks at me and sees Himself sometimes...those traits of love and grace.

Take on an entirely new way of life - a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from
the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his
character in you
. Ephesians 4:22-24 (MSG)


Oh Lord, let my inner self reflect You. Change my inner image to carry only You.

P.S. Love on my daddy today.

Popular Posts